Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Office Space

Our master bedroom makeover has come to a halt while I am searching for good deals on curtain rods, and figuring out what pattern to paint on the rug and curtains. So I decided to start working on the spare bedroom/office over the weekend.


I began with this empty wall, that really needed some filling in. I didn't think I needed to include a picture of a bare wall - I'm sure you know what that looks like. I had it all laid out with the paper, but silly me forgot to take a picture.

 

I still want to add one more fabric hoop, something in that empty space above the chalkboard contact paper {any ideas?}, and something above the shelves and frame. 



I used chalkboard contact paper to create a weekly schedule center. I am obsessed right now with turning anything, and everything, into a chalkboard. 

 If I haven't said it enough, chalkboard contact paper is awesome sauce. You can cut it into any shape you want, stick it on, and BAM! instant chalkboard. Really? How much easier can it get?

I used regular chalk to write, but I really want to get a chalk marker



I used pieces of a pallet that Hubby cut to make a stool awhile ago. Needless to say, the stools were never made {because I found a couple stools at a yard sale and painted them - much faster than waiting for him to make one. Love you, honey!} 

Anyway, for the shelf, all I had to do was drill 2 holes for the screws to go through to hang it up. For the ribbon hanger, I drilled 4 holes on either side for the dowels to go through; and 2 holes on the top and bottom for the screws. 

I may have had to buy 3 different sized dowels to figure out which one would fit the holes I drilled. So, make sure you get the right size the first time. I even brought the drill bit with me to Lowe's the second time to find the exact size, and ended up needing something smaller. I was smart the second time though, and I went ahead and bought the smaller size just in case. 


I really love them; and I'm so glad that I left them unpainted. Sometimes, I tend to want to paint everything in site, but I'm happy that I left these shelves alone. 

Happy decorating!

No comments:

Post a Comment