Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Strawberry Goodness!

The Florida Strawberry Festival has arrived! We spent yesterday morning at the festival and had a great time!

"Parkesdale Farms Royalty"
We had to take our yearly picture on the Strawberry Throne. Bubba still wasn't feeling 100% better, so he was not to thrilled about taking this picture...but it had to be done because it's tradition, duh.


We ate {the best} Strawberry Shortcake {in the world}.


 Watched the Pig Races.


4FxO2g on Make A Gif, Animated Gifs
make animated gifs like this at MakeAGif

Swimming Pigs.

And brought home 2 flats of beautiful Plant City strawberries.


Some of the goodies I plan on making with my yummy berries:
Strawberry Ice Cream
Strawberry Honey Butter (made it [once], but am going to attempt it again)
Strawberry Preserves 
Strawberry Bread (and maybe I'll make a Strawberry Banana Bread, too)
Strawberry Lemonade
Vanilla Cupcakes with Strawberry Meringue Buttercream
Strawberry Shake
Strawberry Field Salad

Next week we're having a strawberry themed play date with our group.

Hopefully, I will get these cute strawberry boxes made/filled with treats for everyone to take home. I bought the materials today, so it is likely they will get done. However, I'm known to have good intentions and not so great follow through when it comes to crafts. I'll post the finished product if  when they are complete.


The kiddies will be making a Scented Strawberry. I used this as my template for the strawberry. All the kids have to do is glue the pieces together and add the strawberry Kool-aid to make them smell nice. I'll post a completed one with the strawberry boxes. 

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment