Monday, February 6, 2012

Pop of Color


Hubby and I picked up this table at a yard sale quite a few months ago; and while I have had it painted and in my living room for awhile now, I was not quite finished with it. I removed the faux leather that had once resided on the table, and was left with these two empty rectangles, that were calling for some color. 

If you haven't noticed, a lot of the furniture {and trim, and book shelves} in my house is white. I know this is kind of crazy with a 2 year old, but I love it. Nearly 2 years ago, when we moved in, I had every intention to add pops of color throughout the space .... and just hadn't gotten around to it {it's kinda hard sometimes balancing life with a toddler and a hubby that is deployed frequently}. 

But, hey, at least I got the table painted. 


While flipping through some scrapbook paper for Bubba's placemat craft, I found this paper and fell. in. love.

It was just what I had been picturing. 


I used 2 pieces of scrapbook paper, and {homemade} mod podge to adhere it to the table.


The scrapbook paper wasn't quite the right shape, so I had to trim it and add the small strip on the right. Aside from the pattern being a bit off, you can't notice the seam. Unless, you get all up close and personal; and if I were the table, I might just have to tell you to back up off me. But, I'm not, and tables don't talk .... so don't worry, I won't get mad if you try to inspect it.


Once dry, I sprayed it with some Krylon Matte Finish.


Super simple, and made my boring table look so lively. I just love how it turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment