Sunday, October 2, 2011

Wonderful Weekend

Sadly the weekend is coming to an end - it sure has flown by. The weather is finally starting to cool down, and we have spent most of our days outdoors. My mom was so awesome to volunteer to watch the little man so Hubby and I could go to a few yard sales.  

I'm going to fix up the table to sell (at least that is what I told Hubby I was going to do), and I have a few ideas of what to do with the mason jars. Those projects will maybe be done in the next few weeks, so look out for that! Little Man has been obsessed with the pitching net since we brought it home. I was ecstatic to find the Big Big World Atlas....I had one when I was growing up and I'm thrilled that I scored one for C (aka Little Man).


This, by far, was my favorite find; but of course hubby vetoed it. However, I totally think it describes our house quite nicely.


I also made this Lemon Meringue Ice Cream Pie. Hubs has been asking me to make it for a few weeks now, and I finally got around to it. I totally screwed it up though - forgot to temper the eggs, didn't layer the ice cream and the lemon curd - but it still turned out great. You can find the recipe on the Southern Living website. 

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment