Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Groundhog Day Fun

Thank goodness for Pinterest, or else I would have no inspiration for the play date I'm hosting tomorrow.


I put together these groundhog shadow treats for the kids...thanks to Lizard & Ladybug for the adorable idea and Gourmet Mom On-The-Go for the groundhog printable. These two blogs totally made my life easier. 


Instead of using Heads or Tails Oreos, I used Milano Melts in chocolate and classic because (1) Bubba can't eat Oreos, (2) I don't think Heads or Tails exist anymore {at least not at the store I was at}, and (3) Milanos are da bomb.

We'll be making a pop up groundhog for the craft {found on DLTK Crafts for Kids}.


Since I am a genius, and have waited until the night before to plan this out, I am very lucky that I keep a stash of paper towel and a few toilet paper rolls. Also, since I don't want to waste a ton of ink we will be using green construction paper for the grass, and the kids will be coloring the groundhog head themselves {you have the option of printing the picture out in color or b&w}.

Do you do anything fun to celebrate Groundhog Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment