Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Wonderful Weekend - in New England

I just have to start by saying that it has taken me 3 days to write this. It's so hard to get back into your usually rhythm after being away. Especially, when you come back to an even sicker kiddo than when you left. So, I'm sorry I haven't posted in awhile, and that it has taken me so long to get this one done! I hope you enjoy the snippets of my wonderful weekend!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This past weekend, I left the kiddo behind (for the first time ever), and headed up north for a Besties {yes, I'm an 11 year old girl and I use word's like "bestie" to descried my best friends} Weekend. Oh, and for a little party, also known as, my friend's BRIDAL SHOWER woot! woot! <-- yea, I just said that. {can you tell how excited I am for this lovely lady?}


Anywho, Silly and I arrived to snow showers, which was pretty awesome, even though it's pretty much rain, and rain = disaster for my hair. I didn't care, because it was some kind of snow, as opposed to the non-existent snow in Florida. {Imagine me saying these last two sentences fast and in one breathe.}


This lovely couple is the groom and bride to be. They live in the cutest little town in Connecticut, also home to 50 cent. 


Yes, that is his house.We definitely had to take the opportunity to be a celebrity stalker. {j/k. j/k. totally not a stalker 50. don't get a restraining order. thanks.}


Isn't Silly too freaking cute? 

Mama D 


We went to a little bridal boutique in CT to look for veils. Obviously taking pictures was more important. {seriously though, we found a pretty one, that was WAY expensive. darn wedding budget}


We had little "Welcome to New Hampshire" goodie bags waiting for us at our hotel from B's Mom. 

So adorable.


 As always, Silly ran out of time getting ready at the hotel, so she had the finish her makeup in the car.




Alright, seriously....I freaking love B's parent's home; and I am dying over the little town that they live in. If Hubby liked cold weather, we would be moving up there in a heartbeat 

That little house looking structure in the top picture is called a "shebana"{not totally sure how you spell that...so try your best to sound it out} - a combination shed/cabana. 

How cool is it that they have a not quite so little pond in their front yard?! I briefly contemplated trying to find some ice skates, but was quickly snapped back to reality when H told me that it wasn't cold enough for the ice/water to hold my weight. {thanks for bursting my bubble, friend}


Heading into the shower, but had to stop for a photo op in front of the house. 


Beautiful Mother and Daughter. 


Oh, those funny bridal traditions. H rocking her ribbon hat. 


 This little one is seriously adorable. I think I found Bubba's future wife....or at least his next serious long term girlfriend.




On the way home I spotted this, and really got a kick out of this guy's suitcase tag. Really, dude? It's not my bag? I had no idea. Thanks for letting me know because I almost walked away with it.

That was my trip in a nutshell. I had a fabulous time, missed Bubba terribly, but came back feeling recharged and rejuvenated. I have to say, my favorite part was sleeping in a bed all to myself...awwww the little luxuries.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend {and beginning of the week, since this is so late}, as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment