Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Resolution Solutions

It's a new year, so you know what that means....it's time to talk resolutions.

A few of my resolutions:

1) Organize & Declutter 


If this is on your list of things to accomplish this year, then you have to check the Declutter Calendar from the blog My Simpler Life.

Or if devoting your whole year to this resolution seems like to much, then check out 31 Days to an Organized Home from The Complete Guide to Imperfect Homemaking.

And you really ought to check out Delightful Order, for all of her awesome tips and tricks to staying organized.

Also, don't forget to follow my pin board "Organizing my life...," where I pin lots of other ideas for taking charge of the clutter.

Now, I wouldn't say that my house is a complete disaster, and I have implemented things in the past to help keep some things organized; but I really would LOVE it if my house could look like some of the houses on those above mentioned blogs. {Side-note: I also wish that I had as much space as those people as well}. A girl can dream.....

2) Be more Eco-Friendly


Over the last few years, we have tried our best to "go green." We cloth diaper, buy organic when we can, got a compost bin, shop local. But this year, I really want to try a little harder to make that lifestyle change. You know, do things like make my own products (cleaning, bath, etc.), and actually use my compost bin. Maybe I won't be 100% "crunchy," but I'm shooting for at least 75%.

If this is something you want to attempt as well, then you should check out Organic Deals and The Greenbacks Gal for tips on saving money and buying organic. (And don't forget to always check here for the Publix Greenwise Market ad, and other great organic deals that I score.)

Another site I love is, Crafting a Green World. You'll find so many great projects reusing and repurposing materials (see my post New Year's Eve Resolution Tree).

Also, don't forget about great daily deal sites like, Pure Citizen, Loving Eco, and Green Baby Bargains, to help make buying eco-friendly products a little bit cheaper.

3) Pray More

I found these awesome Prayer Journals by Gadnake, (a company that makes adorable handmade journals).

4) Finish Projects in a Timely Manner


If you've read most of my DIY, In the Kitchen, or pretty much an craft post, you know I have a bad habit of putting things off....for an extended period of time.

I don't have any links for this one. It's just something I have to work on.

What are some of your resolutions? And how do you plan to accomplish them? 

I really encourage you to share them here.

I feel like when our goals are known by other people, we are held more responsible for achieving them.

We can all support and encourage one another to not give up 30 days into the new year. At least, that is the hope for myself.

If you share any of the same resolutions as me, I hope that the links I provided will help you. I don't want anyone to feel overwhelmed or discouraged when it comes to resolutions. We can all stick to them, if we have the right resources. 

No comments:

Post a Comment