Monday, October 3, 2011

In The Kitchen - Meringue Cookies


I had some leftover meringue from the pie I made over the weekend, so I decided to whip up some cookies! They are a little slice of heaven! Little man loves them (but what doesn't he love, really?). 

They are super easy to make. If you made the Lemon Meringue Ice Cream Pie, just use the extra meringue that you will have. If you didn't make the pie, here is the recipe for just the meringue topping used for the pie.

Preheat your oven to 225ยบ. Line 1-2 baking sheets with foil (I used a Silpat - love it!), and drop meringue by spoonfuls 1 inch apart. Bake for 1 1/2 hours. Turn the oven off, leave the door open, and let cool completely. 

I found a recipe that called for sprinkling the tops with peppermint - I was going to do this until I realized I had eaten the last of the peppermints earlier today...ooopsies. :)

Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment