Tuesday, April 10, 2012

How To: Remove Wax from a Candlestick

I bought a couple thrifted candlesticks for the vinyl record cake stand I made for the little drummer shower. One of them had the end piece of a candle stuck inside. 

Here is the quick and easy way I got it out:


All you need is a blow dryer and plastic knife.

Use the blow dryer to soften the wax for a minute or two. I didn't time it, but know I didn't use the dryer for that long. Just remember to do this over a piece of cardboard or paper plate {or something of the sorts}. 

I found the best way to do this, was to hold the candlestick in one hand and the dryer in the other, and tilt the candlestick to one side. That way when the wax melted, it would drip on the cardboard and not run down the stick. 



Then use the knife to pop the piece out of the candlestick. 

Super easy! 



No comments:

Post a Comment