Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Last Minute Valentine Projects


I found a pile of wood boards up in my attic, and wanted to make something out of them. I started making a sign last month for Gasparilla, but just didn't have a chance to finish; so I decided to turn it into a sign for Valentine's day.


I took two pieces and used Gorilla Glue to glue them together. 


The clamps we have didn't fit around the two pieces, so I used a few heavy books as weights to help them stick together. 

{Side-note: I'm glad that I have been able to find a use for my old high school year books.}


Done.

 Then I spray painted the board with a coat of white because I originally planned on wanting a white background. However, since I never finished last month, I decided to give the board a coat of red paint to use it for Valentine's decor. 


Using my Cricut, I cut out letters on white contact paper. Before I stuck them to the board, I laid them out to make sure I liked the way they were positioned. 


You can't really tell by the pictures, but I did distress the sign a little bit. I'll have to get my sander out to make it more noticeable .... I just have to get more sand paper for it first.


Sunday night I realized that I didn't have anything made to give to Bubba for Valentine's Day. Luckily, I bought a bag of miniature dinosaurs the other day at Target. I didn't know what we were going to do with them yet, so I pulled a couple out and wrapped them in red crepe paper. 

I was inspired by this peach surprise {awwww...I'm a horrible blogger. I thought I pinned this from another blog, but can't find it. If you know the original source, please let me know}. 

I used a piece of pipe cleaner for the stem, and cut a leaf out of construction paper. Super easy...and he will have lots of fun unrolling this! 


I finally finished this Mail Man bag for Bubba! 

I started working on it a couple of weeks ago, but I was procrastinating cutting out the stencil for the logo.

I had hoped I would have it complete in time for our play group's valentine exchange party, but that did not happen. However, we have another Valentine's play-date today, so he will be using it to pass out his cards to his friends this time. 


P.S. Let's ignore my horribly basic sewing skills. 

Did you have to work on any last minute Valentine's projects yesterday?

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment