Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Let's Organize It! - Plastic Bag Storage

A few years ago, I started using an empty kleenex box to store plastic grocery bags {we use reusable shopping bags for the most part, but do end up with plastic sometimes}. We keep it in the laundry room, just because that is were I needed it the most at the time. Recently, I have found that I have needed plastic bags in every room for one reason or another. I'd been in the bedroom, need a bag, and would have to run across the house to the laundry room to get it.... not that our house is that humongous, but it's still kind of inconvenient.

But we don't go through enough kleenex, so I didn't have enough boxes to store the bags in. And, I am not a fan of those grocery bag holders where you can see balls of plastic sticking out all over. I'm sorry to say, I think it is a hot mess. {I'm sorry if you have one of these and this offends you; it's totally just my opinion...they just don't appeal to me. But if you like them, then more power to ya.} Since, I'm all about repurposing, especially so I don't have to spend any extra money, I looked through my bag of containers and jars that I hold onto (yea, I'm kind of a hoarder. I hate throwing something away when I think I will be able to use it in the future), and found old Puffs (the baby snack food, that Bubba still enjoys as a toddler) containers


Loosely tie one handle of two bags together, and stuff into the container. Continue, until the container is full. I got about 11 bags in each. That number will vary depending on the size of your container. I also used an old Emerald Nuts container, and only got about 8 bags in that one.


Then, I used {my favorite thing in the world} chalkboard contact paper, to label each of the containers. I even took a minute and made a cover for one of the kleenex boxes out of construction paper (it was old and kind of ugly looking worn out).

Now we have easily accessible bags in both bathrooms, Bubba's bedroom, the office, the laundry room, and in my car (that's why the label is on the top of the green container - it's stored in the center console of my car).

No comments:

Post a Comment