I picked up this
very ugly old window at a yard sale about a month ago. There was about 10 different colors swirled all over it. Ugh...I like art, but this was definitely not my cup of tea. But of course, if it's old and not too pretty, I like it.
Since there was about 20 coats of paint on this thing, I started by using a spray can of paint stripper. I did this about 3 times over each section (top, left side, right side). The instructions said to leave it on about 5 to 10 minutes, but I think I ended up leaving the stripper on about 20 minutes each time.
After getting most of the paint of, I used course, paint stripping sand paper to try to remove the last of the paint. You can see how well that turned out. I could have just stopped at this point. I actually like this old, worn look; but it wouldn't really fit in with our master bedroom makeover.
And so I continued...with a coat of primer.
I used Krylon Spray Paint Primer.
Then a couple coats of Olympic Paint.
I used one of the sample colors we were thinking about for the walls of our bedroom. It was a reject for the wall, but a perfect complimentary color for my jewelry
I sanded it a bit, to get the shabby chic look that I so love.
Then added the mirror and ten wire cup hooks...and I was done!
I haven't hung it up yet, because I haven't painted our bedroom yet. With Hubby gone, it is hard to find time to get everything done. But hopefully by next week I will have that complete too!
Most of the supplies that I used.
Once I got past the stripping part, it was super easy to finish!
So happy this is finally done! One less project to think about!