Saturday, October 29, 2011

Green Halloween

It's finally here! The moment I've been waiting for to show off the costume I worked so hard on has arrived..... Too bad Little Man decided he didn't want to wear the costume, and would scream anytime it came near him. Yep. That's right. I was so excited about it, and he could have cared less. But we still had a good time. 

This afternoon, we went to Whole Foods Market for Green Halloween Tampa (an event that promotes a healthier alternative to halloween). It was a cute event. While they did pass out a few treats around the store, it wasn't all that I had envisioned. There were four stations in the store, each time we stopped our Whole Foods guide would talk to the kids about environmentally friendly topics (recycling, energy saving, etc), and then give them a "treat" (fruit, Horizon Organic Milk boxes, granola bars). I think I was expecting a little more "trick-or-treating," with healthier treats. C wasn't too interested in all the talking, but he did have a great time at the Stretch-N-Grow booth.



The shirt was the only part of the costume I could get him to wear. And believe me, it was a battle just to get that on him.

Hubby finally got C to put the rest of the costume on when we got home. He had to convince him to take a picture with Mickey, and bribe him with candy and games. 


Are there any fun fall/halloween festivals that you and your family are going to this weekend? 


No comments:

Post a Comment