Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Boyschool - Letter Z

Everyone has headed back-to-school, which means Home Preschool has officially started for us. We dabbled over the summer with a few preschool packs here and there, but now we've gotten serious. With a schedule and everything. Craziness. I know.

Bubba decided he wanted to start the year off at the end of the alphabet. 

Letter: Z
Bible Verse: "For the son of man came to seek 
and save what was lost" Luke 19:10

Number: 6
Shape: Circle


Z is for Zaccheaus from Bible ABC's. We also read The Story of Zacchaeus up a tree, and watched the video Miracles of Jesus: Zacchaeus. Our song for the week - Zacchaeus Song {I thought this video was a little strange, but he loved it}.

These are a few of the activities he did using PreK Letter Z printables by Confessions of a Homeschooler:

Z do-a-dots
Zebra Lacing Card

Cutting Practice


A few of the activities from Z is for Zoo Mommy School Packet by Oopsey Daisy:

Making zebra stripes with electrical tape
Circle Snake with circle spots

Painting spots on the circle snake



These were a hit with Bubba the last time I made them. I love that I get to sneak a veggie in a sweet treat. 



This site is pretty fabulous; they have a TON of free printable work sheets. I used The Number 6 - count and color worksheet for this weeks lesson.

Trip to the zoo:
Zoo Scavenger Hunt (from Oppsey Daisy's Mommy School)




Z is for Zinnia:

I found an awesome book during our library trip - Kathy Ross Crafts: Letter Shapes.



Another idea from the book that we're using is an Alphabet Picture File. We'll be making an envelope, for saving pictures of things that start with each letter of the alphabet. 

Circle Toss:


I made circle bean bags that Bubba tossed into a couple buckets and his tube (that was tied closed)

This reminded me of a game from the Bozo the Clown show - ya know, the one were the contestants would throw ping pong balls into 10 buckets to win different prizes. Am I the only one that remembers this game? Or this show?

The first week went well. We'll see how the second week goes. :) 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing it with us.
    I am really happy to see this blog.
    It is helpful for me.

    UK Law Essay Help

    ReplyDelete