Friday, March 30, 2012

Tray Makeover


I picked this tray up at GoodWill to replace my favorite a tray that Hubby "accidentally" stepped on.




I primed and painted it a light blue/turquoise. 

I picked up this color in the clearance paint section at Lowe's for $0.50. I didn't have a use for it when I bought the color, but I just loved it so much I couldn't pass it up for that price. Always, always, always check the clearance shelf! Especially, if you just want to stock up on a few colors to have on hand just in case, and you aren't picky about the color. 

{The frame is for a weekly to-do dry erase board that I am working on. Hopefully it will be done soon!}




One of the things I loved about the old broken tray were the handles. So I wanted to re-create that with this tray. 

I tightly wrapped jute twine around each handle, and periodically would secure it with dabs of hot glue. 


I seriously love this color. It is so light and airy - perfect for the Spring and Summer! 

Happy Friday Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment