Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Little Man's Halloween Costume, part 1

Last month, I talked about Little Man's Halloween costume being my top priority craft project. Well, I certainly have not been acting like it is number one on my list of things to do. The last few weeks I've been side tracked with crafts I'm putting together for my church's nursery, and a host of other projects that have come up. But I have finally come around to finishing it up. 

Little Man will actually be wearing 2 different costumes this year. The one I have been working on is for trick-or-treating at Whole Foods for their Green Halloween. He is going to be an aluminum can inside of a recycling container. I was so proud that I came up with this idea all on my own! And aside from the t-shirt and spray paint I had to buy, all the other materials have come from around our house.


This is the "recycling container" that he will wear. I cut the bottom out of this cardboard box we had lying around; spray painted it blue, and used puffy paint for the writing. My mom drinks Sprite Zero, so those are the cans that I hot glued around the inside. (He will be dressed as a Sprite Zero can as well; the shirt is almost finished). 



I used cardboard from a cereal box and aluminum foil to create the "pop top" hat. 

I should have the shirt finished tomorrow; and can't wait to share it with you. Next weekend, I will be able to share the complete finished product when we go trick-or-treating!  So be on the look out for my adorable little guy in costume!

No comments:

Post a Comment