Friday, October 21, 2011

In The Kitchen - Parmie Pizza Pull Aparts

My family loves pizza; but sometimes, I get a bit tired of it. I found this great recipe on Pinterest yesterday for Pepperoni Pizza Monkey Bread.So I decided to try it out for dinner. 

There was this awesome pizza place that I used to go to growing up, that had these amazing Parmie Puffs. They were basically small rolls smothered in garlic butter and parmesan; served with marinara sauce for dipping. Definitely not healthy, but tasted sooo good. This is where the "Parmie" part of my recipe comes from. 

For the most part, I followed the recipe from the blog, Confections of a Foodie Bride. I just added an extra step/ingredient, and I halved the recipe (only because I didn't thaw out enough dough; but 1 lb of dough is plenty for 2 adults and 1 child).  The extra step makes all the difference though. Just the aroma that filled the house while these were baking brought me back to my childhood.

Note, that I made half with pepperoni and half just cheese. I was thinking of filling some with olives or peppers as well, but Hubby doesn't care for either of those things, and I figured it would be too difficult to tell them apart. Next time, I'm going to try it though. I think I could just put the ones with pepperoni on one side of the pan, and the ones with "my" fillings on the opposite side. The great thing about this recipe, is that you can customize it to your families taste. 

Ingredients
2-3 Cloves Garlic, thinly sliced (depending on size and taste preference) 
5 Tbs Butter
1-2 lbs Pizza Dough (store bought or homemade)
6 oz Mozzarella Cheese, cut into small cubes
Slices of Pepperoni (or other fillers)
Grated Parmesan Cheese (~3 Tbs)  
2 cups Marinara Sauce, warmed, for serving

> Heat garlic and butter in a saucepan, until garlic is just turning brown. Remove from heat. 
> Brush the inside of the bundt pan with the garlic butter.
>Pull off balls of dough, and flatten. Top with a fillers; in this case, a slice of pepperoni, and a cube of cheese. 


> Wrap dough around your filling, and pinch to seal.
> Lightly brush each ball with garlic butter, and place in the pan.
> Repeat until all the dough is used.
> Cover and let sit for 30 minutes, while you pre-heat the oven to 400°.
> You will end up with ~ 2 Tbs of garlic butter. Before placing in oven, drizzle about 1 Tbs over the dough, and sprinkle with the parmesan cheese. (I think I used about 2 Tbs, I probably would have used more if I had enough though).
> Bake for 30-35 minutes, until golden brown.
> Let cool for a few minutes (a step I missed); then invert onto a plate.
> Sprinkle the top with the remaining parmesan. Serve with warm marinara sauce. 
{Side-note: I also served the remaining bit of garlic butter as a dipping sauce. So yummy. Can you tell how much I love garlic and butter?} 


  
This was so easy to throw together; definitely a good option for what I like to call "lazy cooking days."

 Try it out, and let me know if you changed the recipe at all! I'd love to hear any variations. 



No comments:

Post a Comment