Friday, October 28, 2011

Furniture Makeover: Shabby Chic Step Stools

I hope everyone is having a fabulous Friday so far! I have been enjoying a few hours sans my child. So I have had a chance to finish these lovely step stools.

Hubby and I have been looking for step stools to go in our two bathrooms for a couple of months now. The only criteria I had, was that they had to be wooden. Nothing against the plastic variety, I just don't think they fit in with the decor in our home. 

After months of searching, we finally found these at a yard sale last weekend.


As you can tell by the size, these step stools are obviously for Little Man. However, the beautiful pink hearts are not the first choice for a little boy. 

So, of course I had to spruce them up a bit to fit in our home. I went through my bin of paints; which consists of only four colors, primer, and chalkboard spray paint. And settled on this greyish blue, that I absolutely love! It was either that or a lime green; and that color doesn't really go with anything in either bathroom.


Little Man has a dresser, toy chest, and mirror painted in this color. That shows you how much I love it. Or it shows how cheap I am when it comes to buying more paint. I definitely like to get as much use out of what I have before I go out and spend money on more colors.

Anywho, for $6 we got two freshly painted, brand new to us step stools. I think that's pretty darn good considering all the other stools we were looking at ranged from $10-$25 a piece (and those were craigslist prices)

Happy Painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment